- White Knight Tub and Basin refinishes bath tubs, wash basins, laundry tubs, porcelain and metal surfaces with gleaning new colour.
- It dries to a tough, tile-like finish to restore previously discoloured or unsightly surfaces.
- Restores bath tubs and sinks
- Tough epoxy enamel
- Excellent adhesion
- Correct surface preparation is critical to the success of the painting project. It is essential that the following steps are taken:
- Clean the surface thoroughly with an abrasive cleaning product to remove all transparent body fats and soap deposits on the tub's surface. Pay special attention to the edges against the wall, around taps, plug hole, handles etc.
- Rinse off with clean warm water.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to ensure all build up is removed from the surface.
- Sand the entire surface thoroughly to remove all shine. Use a fine grade of wet and dry abrasive paper (240 - 320 grit) and pay special attention to difficult to reach areas. Sand or grind any rust spots back to clean metal.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water and allow to dry.
- Clean the surface with White Knight Rust Guard® Solvent to remove all traces of dirt, grit and other contaminants and allow to dry.
- Cover taps with plastic bags and seal with rubber band to prevent water from leaking during application.
- Stir contents of both A and B tins separately with a flat paddle.
- Pour the contents of both cans A and B into a metal or solvent resistant container and stir well until completely mixed (approximately 5 minutes).
- Divide mixture in half by pouring into 2 separate metal or solvent resistant containers (one half for each coat).
- Immediately seal both containers tightly.
- Place one half in the refrigerator in an airtight container, separated from food and clearly labelled “PAINT: DO NOT EAT” (between 0° - 4°) and allow the other half to stand for 1 hour at room temperature before use.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad flat stirrer in a circular lifting motion for at least 5 minutes before use and continue to stir at regular intervals during application.
- No thinning is required for application by brush. If spraying you may thin up to 10% with White Knight Rust Guard®Solvent.
- Apply 1 coat by brush or spray gun. Start around the edges using a pure bristle brush. Continue down to base of the surface being painted in a slightly spiral fashion with a brush or spray gun.
- Apply a second coat between 12 and 36 hours after first coat application using the remaining refrigerated mixture (mixed product will remain useable for up to 36 hours when kept refrigerated). Allow mixture stand for 1 hour at temperature before use.
- Apply second coat following Application steps 1 and 2. When painting over contrasting colours additional coats may be necessary.
- Remove plastic bags when the surface is completely dry.
- For best results, allow a minimum of 5 days warm weather drying before using painted item.
- Approximately 12m² per litre.
- Spread rate will be lower on rough or absorbent surfaces. The total mixed quantity of this pack is suitable for the coverage of one standard bath tub with two coats.
- Touch dry in 6 hours. Re-coat after 12 hours and before 36 hours. Maximum adhesion and hardness on non-porous surfaces may take 3-4 days.
- Allow a minimum of 5 days warm weather drying before using painted item.
- Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.