- Use on: Bricks and concrete. Windows frames. Tiled and wooden fixtures. Areas where a sealant is needed and where you want to paint it. Not suitable for use in below waterline applications. Not suitable for use on oily woods such as cypress, teak or cedar. Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon. Pre-test plastics before use.
- Suitable for: Glass. Aluminium. Fibre Cement. Painted Surfaces. Ceramics. Masonry. Most metals. Most plastics. Wood
- Smooth flawless finish.
- Easy to use and can be used on damp surfaces.
- Superior adhesion to most building materials.
- Low odour so can be used in any environment without discomfort.
- Weather resistant by forming a durable seal which remains flexible, not drying or cracking
- Superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability & up to 800% elongation or stretch.
- Temperature resistance: approximately -40°C +93°C
- May be discoloured by contact with alloys containing brass, copper or zinc.
- Do not allow unused product to freeze.
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of sealant.
- Remove the tape before the sealant skins.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in detergent and water to tool off the sealant.
- Allow the surfaces to skin prior to painting, which is approximately 30 minutes. Protect from rain until firmly skinned. Allow for longer skin and cure times in damp conditions.
- Some water based under coats & flat paints may crack on drying. To reduce this effect allows the product to cure for 24 hours in small gaps or 48 hours in larger gaps before painting with such paints.
- To improve the paint finish, wipe the sealant with detergent solution immediately before painting.
- Avoid smearing sealant on the surrounding surfaces as this may effects its paintability.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins. Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs or a rough surface may result so working in sections allows for a better finish.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- Uncured product may irritate eyes. If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- Avoid breathing in vapours.
- Ensure you use a well ventilated area as product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime while curing.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.